To fully enjoy any fashion jewelry purchase you must first realize that fashion (costume) jewelry is not meant to last a lifetime. At Olia Box, we strive to provide high quality and durable FUN fashion jewelry at very reasonable prices. Our motto is "with proper care you will get a SEASONS wear" (and sometimes much, much more) before your purchase has fulfilled it's FASHION JEWELRY Destiny.
Follow the suggested guidelines below to get the most enjoyment out of all your fashion jewelry.
Caring for your FASHION jewelry:
1. Keep your jewelry away from the following as much as possible:
a. Water, lotion, perfume, or other harsh chemicals
b. NEVER wear jewelry in the pool or ocean
c. When NOT wearing, keep in your Olia pouch
2. Do not use soap/water or jewelry cleaner to clean your costume jewelry. We recommend that you use Windex® or equivalent. Just spray & rinse under the sink with water & wipe away any excess until dry.
3. ESPECIALLY NEVER USE SILVER JEWELRY CLEANER – it has a mild acid and will ruin your fashion jewelry and strip the finish in seconds!
4. Fashion Jewelry is best worn for occasions – If you are the “I never take it off & wear it everyday” type of person - your jewelry will not last as long as someone who wears their jewelry every now & again. I often relate jewelry to clothes. Someone who wears the same shirt everyday can not expect it to last as long as someone who only wears the item once a week.
5. In time, if your jewelry has lost its luster – don’t despair - consider recycling it by using the beads, charms or chains for a variety of craft projects. Beads can be reused to make earrings, link chains can be cut and used as necklace extenders, charms can be use in scrap booking projects or as pet tags or hot glued to accent just about anything!
We hope these tips give extended life to your baubles!